1:28 pm
PROJECT Easy Crochet Baby Afghan
/
0 Comments
In the Vietnamese tradition a baby shower is held after birth once the baby reaches 1 month old; it's called day thang. So for my newest baby cousin I decided to crochet her an afghan.
The lazy in me scoured the web for an easy and quick pattern to follow and that's where I stumbled upon the Bernat Baby #410 pattern. I had a ball of Bernat Baby Sport in the colour Baby White ($12 from Wal-Mart) and off I went with my 4.5 mm crochet hook.
All my crochet projects start the same, slow and boring, constantly staring at the pattern instructions not knowing which row is which.
But the more I worked on the afghan the more I understood how the pattern worked and was able to distinguish rows without looking at the pattern. Nothing could stop me then
The lazy in me scoured the web for an easy and quick pattern to follow and that's where I stumbled upon the Bernat Baby #410 pattern. I had a ball of Bernat Baby Sport in the colour Baby White ($12 from Wal-Mart) and off I went with my 4.5 mm crochet hook.
All my crochet projects start the same, slow and boring, constantly staring at the pattern instructions not knowing which row is which.
![]() |
| Approximately 2 weeks into the project, I wondered when I would finally reach the halfway point >.< |
![]() |
| I lugged the blanket everywhere I went, the beauty of baby projects is that everything is small enough to pack away in your purse |
The pattern was easy to follow and who doesn't love anything with a double crochet?? One row covered at least 1.5 cm which made this project fly by quite nicely (I tend to get bored of a pattern if the project takes too long to complete; worst habit of mine -_-)
![]() |
| Finished project laid out on a single mattress for size reference |
![]() |
| Pattern close up |
![]() |
| Picot edging - first time being done and I got to say, I'm in love with how simple it is! |
This was the second baby afghan I've made and I can see some improvements from the first. The beginning rows were a lot tighter, but still inconsistent with the rest of the blanket. I know it's just a practice makes better type of thing but it's hard when you don't have much material to pull on...if that makes any sense lol.
Til the next project :) It will probably be an explosion box tehhe
Happy Crafting!





